Sun, 10 Nov|
Il pane di una volta
Croissant or Cornetto, which will you choose?
Closer brothers of the same family of laminated bread, French Croissant and Italian Cornetto are done with the same technique but different ingredients. Join the workshop to discover all tips and techniques for a perfect laminated bread.
Time & Location
10 Nov 2019, 10:00 – 14:00
Il pane di una volta, Anemonenstrasse, Zürich, Switzerland
About the event
Imagine flaky, buttery croissants made in the comfort of your own home?
Or a softer, sweeter Cornetto filled with jam, chocolate cream or custard cream?
In our workshop, you will learn how to enrich and laminate a croissant/cornetto dough with a simple step-by-step guide.
Topics and techniques explored in this class include dough composition and lamination, yeast fermentation, gluten development, and flavor formation. You'll discover how easy it is to make this most loved French/Italian breakfast treat at home! Come and learn the art of making croissant with us!
What you will learn:
- How to incorporate ingredients into a dough, i.e.- mixing process using mixer.
- How to determine stages of gluten development.
- How to know when the dough is ready for lamination.
- How to lock-in the laminating butter.
- How to properly laminate the dough.
- How to properly roll the laminated croissant dough for final proofing.
- How to identify a properly proofed croissant/cornetto dough.
- How to evenly bake the croissants in the oven.
- Tip and tricks to fully utilize the trimmings.
- How to replicate the process to bake using a home oven.
- How to incorporate flavours for different varieties of croissant.
Croissant or Cornetto Workshop