Gourmet Pizza Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Pizza Margherita - the most acclaimed dish in the world - was made in 1889 by chef Esposito for Queen Margherita, visiting the kingdom of Napoli. Since that day, Pizza Margherita became the symbol of Napoli and its food culture.
In the last twenty years, Pizza has developed a new identity, from being a street food to the Gourmet table.
Today, Pizza Gourmet is a new wave in the Italian scene; where you pizza base can host a marvelous mix of italian regional ingredients.
Pizza dough can be quite different, from the Napoli style to the Roman Style. The Roman style pizza is more hydrated dough (called Pizza al taglio), it has crispier and lighter flavor comparing to the traditional Napoli pizza.
What you will learn in the workshop:
- Napoli Pizza style dough.
- Roma Pizza style dough.
- How to choose and outsource the right ingredients.
- Retarding dough in the fridge for better flavor and digestibility.
- How to shape and flatten Pizza dough by hand.
- Kneading or not kneading: different approach to pizza dough.
- Pizza toppings.
- Baking techniques.
For whom is this course
- For Pizza lover.
- For home baker, who loves to challenge themself.
- For Italian food lover.
- For anyone who is passionate about healthy homemade food.
- Gourmet Pizza WorkshopCHF150CHF1500CHF0