Sourdough Bread Baking Workshop
Time & Location
About the event
This intro level workshop is designed to explore and learn essential skills and tips that will open the doors for mastering baking perfect Sourdough bread from the comfort of your own kitchen.
What you will learn:
- Amaze your family and friends with real sourdough bread.
- How to make your own starter and feed it.
- Autolyse: why is important in bread baking.
- Stretch & fold dough, developing gluten without kneading.
- Handling sticky and wet dough without a mixer.
- Baking with steam in your own home oven.
- Shaping technique for a boule (round loaf) and a batard (long oval loaf).
- Why a long cool ferment is beneficial as a baking technique.
- The importance of scaling the ingredients.
- Basic equipment for home baking.
- Understand bakers' terminology, learning some history about bread and grains.
This workshop will unlock the amazing world of baking!
Fed up of baking bricks when your friends are baking super gorgeous bread? Enroll in "Basic Sourdough Bread Baking" to discover how to get it right.
If you have just started your sourdough bread baking journey, this is the course you need.
Once you've taken a basic sourdough loaf out of your own oven, you will be ready to move on to more complex process and formulas. There is only one sourdough bread formula in this course.
You will learn how to deal with your starter, in Italy it is called "Lievito Madre", how to feed it and keep it for your lifetime.
This intro-level workshop is for beginners approaching sourdough bread fermentation or for those who have time and patience to get it right. The trainer and founder of il pane di una volta, Grazia De Martino, has over 5 years of baking experience and dealing with Sourdough, so come on! Let's have some fun!